LASIGE research is organized around research lines. These lines emerged from the actual research pursued by members and are characterized by key indicators of excellence, including high quality publications, national and international competitive funding, advanced training, extension activities of knowledge and technology transfer, industrial liaison, spin-offs, patents, and strong societal impact. From the continuous quality evaluation of the research lines, emerge the Research Lines of Excellence (RLE) that constitute the core of LASIGE.
LASIGE currently counts with the following RLEs:
- Accessibility and Ageing – addresses the assessment, design, and development of technologies for people with different abilities;
- Cyber-Physical Systems – addresses technologies in key areas, such as transport, energy, well‐being, industry and infrastructures;
- Data and Systems Intelligence - strives to devise innovative solutions for applying artificial intelligence when analysing and reasoning about large‐scale data problems and complex systems;
- Health and Biomedical Informatics – addresses innovative solutions for processing biological and medical data and for supporting the discovery of new biomedical insights;
- Reliable Software Systems - focus on modelling techniques and formal analysis approaches to software system structure and behaviour;
- Resilient Distributed and Networked Systems - investigates models, protocols, and architectures that are suitable for applications with strong dependability requirements.