Bioinformatics Open Days 2016 - Call for contributions
Bioinformatics has experienced an outstanding growth over the past few years due to the exponential amount of data in a wide range of new formats currently emerging from the biological and medical fields.
Bioinformatics Open Days is a student-led initiative first held at the Universidade do Minho, Braga in 2012. It aims to promote the exchange of knowledge between students, teachers and researchers from the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology fields. The symposium’s 5th edition is a joint collaboration with the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Master students of Universidade do Minho and Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa (http://bbc.fc.ul.pt/), and will occur at Universidade do Minho on the 18th and 19th February.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Analysis and processing of Next Generation Sequencing data;
- Sequence analysis methods and tools, including sequence alignment, homology searching, motif discovery, gene finding,etc;
- Model/network optimization/inference algorithms and tools;
- Proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics or other omics data analysis;
- Metabolic/regulatory/signaling models or networks reconstruction and analysis;
- Simulation methods for different types of biological models;
- Biological data visualization;
- Functional Genomics;
- Evolutionary Computation and other metaheuristics applied to biological optimization problems;
- Cellular Interactions;
- Data mining/machine learning algorithms and tools for biological data analysis;
- Phylogenetic analysis;
- In silico drug discovery.
- All abstracts must be submitted no later than 20th of December 2015